HYPER KNEE! Episode List

Friday, September 17, 2010

Mega Buster Wants To Know! What's Your 2010 Wishlist?!

Hey there Hyper Knee Warriors, the Mega Buster here! I was sitting at my work desk this morning (also known as my computer desk stationed in my room), and I was compiling a list of videogames that I can't wait to pick up this year and the next. I thought, as one gamer to the next, I'd share my wishlist with you great fans, and hopefully you'll share yours with the Hyper Knee crew by leaving a comment! Let's get into it then, shall we? I'll go in chronological order...

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals
Developer: Neverland
Publisher: Square Enix
Release Date: September 30th, 2010
Platform: Nintendo DS

Way back when I was a little peanut, I bought Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals for SNES. Unsure of what to expect from the game, all I had to trust was the awesome cover art. This game didn't let me down, and to this day is still one of my most beloved SNES games of all time. Now, in 2010, Neverland (the original developer of this gem) is releasing their DS remake of this classic RPG stateside. This game has a lot of changes from the original, especially the character design and overall style of the game (turn based RPG into action RPG), however I'm not a purist who's afraid of change, so I look forward to this game and the changes it might bring in hopes for a truly awesome adventure like the one I experienced back in the 90's. Here's a trailer for anyone who's interested in this sort of thing and doesn't know about it! I used the Japanese trailer because the American one is rubbish.



Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Developer: Mercurysteam
Publisher: Konami
Release Date: October 5th, 2010
Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 3

I don't care what anyone says, this game looks legendary. Essentially a reboot in the Castlevania franchise in many ways, moving the series from 2D into 3D, and introducing new characters and an all new plot. The gameplay looks frantic and insane, the graphics are amazing, the voice acting cast is superb, and on top of that the storyline appears to be epic. Everything about this game sounds and looks like it's going to blow me away come this October. For you ignorant fools not looking forward to this game, my condolences. Peep the latest 7 minute trailer from TGS'10...



Vanquish
Developer: Platinum Games
Publisher: SEGA
Release Date: October 17th, 2010
Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 3

Two words: punch robots. Seriously, this game looks NUTS! I'm not even a big fan of shooters, but I just can't help myself when I see characters in awesome high tech suits, and I'm instantly hooked. And not only does it look awesome, it has awesome abilities too. Rocket pack, slow motion power, and the ability to punch robots in half with your fists. Seriously, this looks to be one of the best 3rd person shooters ever made, and to top it all off... there's no multiplayer! They're concentrating on the single player experience! Thank the gaming gods! Trailer's amazing too... bad voice acting FTW!



Kirby's Epic Yarn
Developers: Good-Feel, HAL Laboratory
Publisher: Nintendo
Release Date: October 17th, 2010
Platform: Wii

Kirby is made of string. This game just looks so cute, so fun, and so freaking beautiful! I mean seriously, all the graphics look like some kind of fabric. This has to be the most original and creative thing I've seen for a game in a while. And to top it all off, there's co-op play to boot! I love Kirby games, and its been so long since Kirby has had a traditional platforming experience on a console. Words can't describe the look and feel of the game, if you don't already know what it is, I urge you to check it out!



World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
Developer: Blizzard
Publisher: Blizzard
Release Date: November 2010
Platform: PC, Mac

You can ask virtually anyone I know. They'll tell you I have a thing for WoW. When I'm into it, I'm really into it. I won't leave the house, I won't talk to people, I just vaporize off the face of the earth, and with good reason. I mean, it's WoW. Arguably one of the best, most robust, constantly evolving MMORPG experiences out there. Now the 3rd expansion is coming out, and adding two new races, new starting zones for them and a few of the old races, AND they're recreating the entire world of Azeroth! This game is basically going to recreate the level 1-60 experience, turning it into pretty much a whole new game! I can't wait for this, I just can't... and to think, I'll be for the alliance with my worgen. Though I will be making a blood elf warrior to experience both sides of the new 1-60. Not a fan of goblins, or any mini race for that matter. I do hope it's better than WoTLK though, I can't lie... I pretty much hate all the raids in that expansion, and the only thing that made me happy was my Death Knight. Old trailer being posted, but still good!



Sonic Colors
Developer: Sonic Team
Publisher: SEGA
Release Date: November 16th 2010
Platform: Wii

I believe there's a lot of hope for the blue hedgehog in 3D, just a lot of times it isn't done right. This game however, looks really fun! Then there's 2 player co-op on top of all that goodness? It's not going to be a day one purchase for me, but I'm definitely going to want this sometime down the line! The trailer looks great too... lets hope it is a great game too! The music is also awesome... gameplay looks FAST!!!



Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Developer: Camelot Software Planning
Publisher: Nintendo
Release Date: November 29th 2010
Platform: Nintendo DS

Golden Sun is one hell of an awesome RPG series that Nintendo hasn't touched in a long time, so when I heard there was a new Sun in the works, I was ecstatic! I still am, now that I think about it. Originally I heard it was a remake, but then I saw the trailers and all that good stuff to find out that its an entirely new game! Too many good games coming out way too fast, it's driving me crazy! And my girlfriend too! If you're into RPGs and have been living under a rock, check out this trailer from E3!



Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1
Developer: Dimps, Sonic Team
Publisher: SEGA
Release Date: Q4 2010
Platform: Digital Download

Jeez, Sonic's popped up twice so far, I'm kind of shocked to be honest. Anyway, I love old school Sonic games on the Genesis, so it should be no surprise that I'm psyched for this game. As of now, all the trailers and gameplay footage look extremely promising and fun. The graphics look good, Sonic looks cool, no other playable characters. Good stuff indeed. Don't need any of that damn Knuckles rap stages, seriously. So far they've shown the Splash Hill Zone and the Lost Labyrinth Zone, and it just reeks of old school Sonic glory. Here's a trailer of some gameplay out of the Lost Labyrinth.



I was originally going to post up my games for 2011, but this post has dragged on quite long enough I think! I hope you enjoyed the write up and the trailers, and I'm curious about what everyone else is looking forward to for this years end in games!

No comments:

Post a Comment